Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

United Church of Christ speaks out on climate change

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society

Previous :: Next  
Morgana Post number 23570 Posted: 6th July 2017     Subject: United Church of Christ speaks out on climate change
The biennial national gathering of the United Church of Christ approved an emergency resolution on climate change Monday, denouncing President Trump’s
plans to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord and urging the church to take action.

Written by the Rev. Jim Antal, the head of the church’s Massachusetts conference and a longtime climate activist, the resolution urges clergy to preach on
“the moral obligation of our generation to protect God’s creation” and exhorts individuals to take political action and “make decisions of integrity on our energy choices.
” It appears to be the first formal action taken by a major denomination in response to Trump’s decision on the Paris agreement.

“It was important that the church be on record as declaring we are now in a new moral era because of the administration and the ways in which it is compromising truth,
” in particular on denying the science of climate change, Antal said.

But he said the resolution is also important because it is directed at the church: “What’s the church going to do differently? ”

https://www.bostonglobe ... I/story.html
Sams Post number 24320 Posted: 20th March 2018     Subject: Re: United Church of Christ speaks out on climate change
Morgana wrote:
The biennial national gathering of the United Church of Christ approved an emergency resolution on climate change Monday, denouncing President Trump’s
plans to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord and urging the church to take action.

Written by the Rev. Jim Antal, the head of the church’s Massachusetts conference and a longtime climate activist, the resolution urges clergy to preach on
“the moral obligation of our generation to protect God’s creation” and exhorts individuals to take political action gomovies and “make decisions of integrity on our energy choices.
” It appears to be the first formal action taken by a major denomination in response to Trump’s decision on the Paris agreement.

“It was important that the church be on record as declaring we are now in a new moral era because of the administration and the ways in which it is compromising truth,
” in particular on denying the science of climate change, Antal said.

But he said the resolution is also important because it is directed at the church: “What’s the church going to do differently? ”

https://www.bostonglobe ... I/story.html
What’s the church going to do differently
Alec the wise Post number 24369 Posted: 5th April 2018     Subject:
Most people of faith view their lives and the world we walk on as gifts from God. [Genesis 1:28-29] As such, they don't appreciate the wanton waste of natural resources, unchecked pollution and unregulated harvesting of God's creation. That is viewed as a "sin" --which is a four-letter word in progressive social and political circles. Well, as the your homework help writer I'd say, everything goes sour once politics or business (or both) gets involved
Morgana Post number 24374 Posted: 5th April 2018     Subject:
Hi Alec

Quote:
 everything goes sour once politics or business (or both) gets involved

I agree... and certainly when it comes to 'religion'.
Although I work in interfaith I am quite anti(established)-religion.

Most of the time I am reminding people about environmental issues and that without clean water and air - we are dead.

What is the "Wilderness survival rule'?...

You can survive for 3 Minutes without air (oxygen) or in icy water.
You can survive for 3 Hours without shelter in a harsh environment (unless in icy water)
You can survive for 3 Days without water (if sheltered from a harsh environment)
You can survive for 3 Weeks without food (if you have water and shelter)

and we don't need religion AT ALL to survive...

Bright blessings,
Morgana
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society
Show YouTube films