Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Deep Magic Retreat in Cornwall - September 2018

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Events

Previous :: Next  
Morgana Post number 24604 Posted: 27th June 2018     Subject: Deep Magic Retreat in Cornwall - September 2018

https://www.facebook.com/events/230039054262020/

Deep Magic Retreat in Cornwall - September 2018

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha!

❉ Inspired by the Wisdom of Ancient Cultures ❉
❋ Informed by the Latest Scientific Research ❋

Connect with the land, with others, and with yourself.

This autumnal retreat will focus on the myths and magic of North Cornwall. We will explore the magical words of Merlin, the mythology of the Once and Future King, and the legends of the Fairy Folk. Participants have the opportunity to undertake a silent solitary vigil/vision quest, and to co-create a group ceremony where we will celebrate with poetry and song this magical landscape. This retreat will also include dowsing, psychogeographical and sacred geometry practices in preparation for the stone circle that will be built at St Nectan's Glen. Come and help us start that process!

I am the Wind on the Sea,
I am the Ocean-wave,
I am the Bull of Seven Fights,
I am the Hawk upon the Cliff,
I am the brightness of the sun,
I am the Fairest of Flowers,
I am a bold wild Boar,
I am a Salmon in a Pool,
I am a Lake upon a Plain,
I am a Word of Skill...

This retreat is a chance to experience an ancient pilgrimage site (http://www.st-nectansglen.co.uk/) as part of a small residential group (maximum 16 people). Daytime activities will explore various artistic, magical and creative processes, while the evenings provide opportunities for shamanic activities at a deeper level. The pace is steady and unhurried, and you are free to choose your own path through the possible events. Techniques we will use include dreamwork, breathwork, accessible body and voice work, drumming, guided imagery and other practices.

Suitable for people wanting to recharge, to explore altered states of awareness, to delve into their own creativity, and enjoy some good company. We take an eclectic, experiential approach, to encourage personal transformation in ways that are meaningful to you, rather than following any particular religion or belief system. Bring your curiosity, your open mind, and a willingness to participate.

Accessible to novices, and beneficial for experienced practitioners, these days of practical deep magic will give you plenty of opportunity for personal transformation, learning and fun.

Nikki Wyrd enjoys helping people explore their worlds. She is the Editor of the Psychedelic Press Journal, Director of Breaking Convention psychedelics conference, Director of The Psychedelic Museum, and works as a freelance copyeditor for a growing list of prestigious clients. She lectures on occult matters and has facilitated a number of highly regarded residential retreats. She is the former British Isles Section Head of the Magical Pact of the Illuminates of Thanateros.

Julian Vayne is an occultist and the author of numerous texts in the academic, popular and underground press. Julian works with people to help develop their curiosity about the world, often in the context of historic buildings, museums, galleries and landscapes. His fascination with altered states has led him to explore techniques of changing consciousness, ranging from the highly formalized ritual drama of Freemasonry, through to the trance methods of witchcraft and the emerging freestyle shamanism of the modern psychedelic age. Julian is a leading contributor to theblogofbaphomet.com. His most recent book is the celebrated Getting Higher: The Manual of Psychedelic Ceremony.

The retreat includes full-board residential accommodation in the heart of this magical valley from Thursday to Monday, and all course fees: £450 (Early Bird price £400 if booked before end of July!). The food is delicious, and all cooked from fresh ingredients by friendly folk at The Cabin, our on-site cafe.

To book, or to find out more, please contact us here https://theblogofbaphomet.com/contact-us/ or via contactdeepmagic::at::gmail.com

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Nikki & Julian
❤ X ❤
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Events
Show YouTube films :: Event :: Begin 27-09-2018 at 15:00 :: End 01-10-2018 at 13:00