Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Question on changing public name on forum

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Forum helpdesk

Previous :: Next  
Gwiddon Post number 23387 Posted: 27th April 2017     Subject: Question on changing public name on forum
Dear all,

My apologies for the dumb question - how can the user change the name that they appear under on the forum, from the automatically assigned AA4003 or whatever to their preferred forum nickname? I searched all manuals and could not find the answer.

I created a member account for one of our new members, and now she needs to change it to something palatable.

Many thanks in advance!
Much love
Gwiddon
Morgana Post number 23388 Posted: 27th April 2017     Subject:
Hi Gwiddon,

Yes the new user can and should change the profile name as soon as possible.

When the login they can see their account.

They should be able to see this:

"Public name *
Fill in your pseudonym, the name you want to use on this forum. Add a 'surname' (sacred place, totem animal etc.) if your chosen name is already in use.
Please use a name that looks like a name, no titles or descriptions. You can put titles in your Personal title field. See also the forum rules.
New accounts will be reviewed by the administration before they are activated.

Here is the FAQ: http://forum.paganfederation.org/faq.php

It's on the registration/main page

BB
Morgana
Gwiddon Post number 23393 Posted: 28th April 2017     Subject:
Thanks, Morgana! Unfortunately, the username field is not clickable - it cannot be changed on her account. Is there a setting that can be changed somewhere?
Morgana Post number 23395 Posted: 29th April 2017     Subject:
Hi Gwiddon

Let's solve this backchannel.

I know you sometimes had problems with settings using Russian instead of English.

Speak soon!
Frigga Asraaf Post number 24981 Posted: 1st October 2018     Subject:
I would like to change my user name, but I do not see any possibilities for this on the profile page. Is it possible?

#frith #vlamvoorvrede #flameoffrith #flammedesfriendens
Morgana Post number 24983 Posted: 1st October 2018     Subject:
Yes... go into your profile -
click on your name just above your avatar - you can change your 'public/user name' - from Alu to ****

You can also change a number of other things, such as email address, spiritual path etc

Good luck!

Morgana
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Forum helpdesk
Show YouTube films