Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Electronic Pagan Music?

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Arts and crafts

Previous :: Next  
Lindenheart Post number 25748 Posted: 17th July 2019     Subject: Electronic Pagan Music?
I hope I'm putting this post in the right section.

I was wondering if there are any Pagan bands or artists out there, who make electronic /synth pop music? The only band I could come with, who vaguely fitted the description were The Shamen. I'm sure there must be more out there but my google search did not prove very successful.

I do enjoy the more folky Pagan music, like stuff by Damh the Bard or S. J. Tucker or German bands like Faun and Schandmaul and I'm starting to get into Norse music but I grew up with 80s synth pop bands like New Order, Pet Shop Boys and Depeche Mode, so I thought I'd ask. [Smile]
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 25755 Posted: 19th July 2019     Subject:
Lindenheart,

I have a rather large and diverse collection of Pagan music and bands am not aware of any that would fit into electronic/synth pop category.
There are lots of "so called " Pagan heavy metal bands that might fit some of that sound but it is not a type of music I enjoy. I would search Youtube.

As to Norse music give Wardruna a try. Helvegen has more than a few versions on Youtube. The Castlefest one is a good place to start.

Good listening,

Mike the Blacksmith
Morgana Post number 25756 Posted: 20th July 2019     Subject:
Funny you mention Castlefest Mike.

That's held in the Netherlands. It is always the first weekend of AUGUST

See: https://www.castlefest.nl/en/

This is a bit about the line-up this year:
https://www.castlefest.nl/en/music/forest-stage/

Do you know Omnia? Not quite electronic but one of the most famous pagan bands from Europe.
I know the band members quite well and remember them when we used to have a gathering called FOLKWOODS

BTW I will be seeing Heilung in November - in UTRECHT [Very happy]

Bright Blessings,
Morgana
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 25757 Posted: 20th July 2019     Subject:
Morgana and all,

The beauty of Castlefest is they live stream the forest stage on youtube.
You just have to adjust for time differences.
I have watched many talented Pagan groups play live.
I will be watching again this year.

I know Omnia well, have most of their CD's.
If I were knew to them I would start with" Earth Warrior" or If you like "Live on Earth"
"Live on Earth" is a good taste of Omnia on stage. They could really feed off the fans.

Bright Blessings from the Forest,
Mike the Blacksmith
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Arts and crafts
Show YouTube films