Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Quail

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25810 Posted: 13th August 2019     Subject: Quail
Quail

It is rather amazing that while I pay a lot of attention to the Quail, being in of my favorite guests on the land, I have never read up on them till now.

The average clutch of eggs will be between twelve fourteen eggs, but normally only ten will hatch. It takes three weeks to incubate. Once hatched, the first two weeks will be developing and taking their first attempts to fly. They mature in six weeks. Both male and female share nesting duties. The nesting season spans over the Summer months.

Quail will stay in their coven most of the year only pairing off during the mating season. The coven can be from ten to two hundred birds. I have noticed covens forty to fifty birds. When they roost they roost in a circle to give then a full circle of observation for predators. They can live from ten to twelve years.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 25811 Posted: 14th August 2019     Subject:
Christopher,

You made the perfect pagan Freudian slip.

It's covey not coven.

Mike
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25815 Posted: 15th August 2019     Subject: Mike, but I am sure they were Quail Witches
Mike,
Sometimes the mistakes make it more interesting. So far you are the first to notice and to mention my slip. But as people tend to see patterns, even when they do not exist, it is quite possible most will see the word that I meant, instead of the word that I spelled.[Grin]

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic
Show YouTube films