Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Rain desert plants, flowers and seeds

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25925 Posted: 8th October 2019     Subject: Rain desert plants, flowers and seeds
Rain, desert, plants, flowers, and seeds.

Deserts mean lack of water though they can be hot, or cold, depending on where they are. In the desert 90% of the water the animal needs will have to come from what he eats, be that plant, or animal.

As for the plants, spreading roots both out, sometimes fifty feet out, and down even farther sometimes, determine what water it can find. When it comes to rain it is either not near enough, or far too much, the gully washers and flash floods.

Normally, rain is rare enough, most of the time, even rain that will dampen the ground. Once rain happens, things can change very fast especially if it is a good rain, that is rain that makes water flow and leaves behind large puddles.

As I have pointed out in other posts many desert plants can flower over and over, as water is available. In the last four weeks, including today, we have had four very good rains. So though the temperatures are falling in Fall, we still have an abundance of yellow flowers, mostly very small ones as desert flowers often are. But creating seed is the primary objective of plant survival in the desert.

So our Fall now looks a lot like Spring so far. But it is about the end of the hot weather plant season, and just about the beginning of the cool weather plants.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
AlexMorgan Post number 26123 Posted: 30th January 2020     Subject: Re: Rain desert plants, flowers and seeds
I am excited to learn about your garden. Can I grow desert plants in my indoor garden? If the answer is "yes", can you guide me how I can start growing this kind of plants?
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 26124 Posted: 30th January 2020     Subject: Natural plants as nature plants them
Alex,

I rarely plant plants, as I have sort of a brown thumb, most everything that I help dies off. Desert plants can be grown indoors, but you would have to find information on that elsewhere as I personally have never done it. nature does the planting here in my desert and that changes as the climate changes. The barrel cactus disappeared when we had a sub zero temperatures one winter, along with the cow tongue cactus. Prickly pear and cholla have grown back.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic
Show YouTube films