Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

New Henge Appears Near Newgrange as a Heatwave Hits Ireland

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Pagan Places and Sacred Spaces

Previous :: Next  
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 24662 Posted: 12th July 2018     Subject: New Henge Appears Near Newgrange as a Heatwave Hits Ireland
A summer heatwave has dried the land of the Boyne Valley in Ireland, revealing the shadows of previously unknown circular enclosures. One of the most intriguing appears to be a distinct outline of a large henge. It was found via aerial photographs taken not far from Newgrange giving it a unique appeal over other forgotten monuments which have been coming to light as the heatwave sweeps through.

After making the find, Anthony Murphy of Mythical Ireland wrote the following post on his Facebook page:

I'm shaking with excitement as I write this. Myself and Ken Williams of Shadows and Stone imaged some very substantial and previously unrecorded features in the fields near Newgrange this evening. They look like giant henges or enclosures, very similar in scale to Site P, and forming a row-of-three with P. Have a look at these very exciting photographs. If these turn out to be substantial discoveries, then I would be nothing short of utterly elated, chuffed and excited. We're already discussing them with an archaeologist and to say he's very excited is a huge understatement!

https://www.ancient-ori ... ment-0010359
Morgana Post number 24688 Posted: 17th July 2018     Subject: Hidden landscapes the heatwave is revealing
Same subject reported by BBC News:

Hidden landscapes the heatwave is revealing

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44767497

Tarwe Post number 24703 Posted: 18th July 2018     Subject:
Amazing!!! Thank you [Very happy]
What a great omen.
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Pagan Places and Sacred Spaces
Show YouTube films