Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Gods and Radicals

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25118 Posted: 2nd November 2018     Subject: Gods and Radicals
I keep in touch with this group as it covers the Marxist and Anarchist side of our Pagan community. I am neither, but nevertheless I support it a because they often write and give insight to interesting ideas including the history of how we got in to some of the mess our world suffers from. They even pay their writers, somewhat a rarity in Pagan media. Explore it as see what you think. You may not always agree with their ideas, but you will rarely be bored, this includes reports out of Brazil newly taken over by extreme right wing.

https://godsandradicals.org/

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Jay Brafeha Post number 25131 Posted: 10th November 2018     Subject:
@ChristopherBlackwell: Thanks for sharing this site! I agree that there is much to agree with or disagree with, but there's still a lot of interesting food for thought.

I found an article there that touched a chord with me, that I thought was worth sharing, "Escaping the Otherworld: The Reenchantment of Paganism".

The article talks about how many people seek paganism as a way to reconcile their own feelings that there is "something more" to the world than what we are told we should experience, and I think in a certain context I can relate to that. But how do we know when we're experiencing something that is "real" versus something that is "escapist", or perpetuates rather than challenges the existing culture? I really liked this quote from the end of the article:

Quote:
 These are my touchstones. If it gets me out of my head, if it grounds me, if it connects me with others, if it is transformative -- then chances are that it will be conducive of genuine re-enchantment.
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25132 Posted: 11th November 2018     Subject: Jay
Jay,

I am glad you found something worth it to you. It is the reason I often post some seemingly weird stuff. Because even if you don't like all of it, or even most of it, you still may find something of interest. That is the point going outside of your normal views, it often alerts you to other views, occasionally better views. You and I are of course a bit different, so what is important to me, may or may not be important to you. If you find something important to you, it does not matter if I agree, or not. Same for every other person. You always are the person to find your own way. Best of luck in your search.
Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society
Show YouTube films