Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Signs of fall

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25938 Posted: 28th October 2019     Subject: Signs of fall
I have a number of different impressions of Fall as it deepens. First trying to get my outside wood staining and sign letter painting down before it becomes too cold. This includes trying to paint the wood pecker holes drilled in the letters on one sign. Not certain why my yellow painted routed letters were popular.

Layers of clothing are another sign. Much of the year I only only wear a single layer of clothing, so when I have to add a second layer, a long sleeved shirt, or a light jacket it is noticeable, more so when I have to put on the heavier coat.

I am much more popular with my cat as it get colder. Lately he has suddenly become a lap cat, rare enough for him. However I suspect my warm lap is the reason. He also spends more time in bed with me, for the same reason.

Lastly is turning on the propane tanks and lighting the heater. I always forget much that I know about getting the heater pilot light lit. I have sometimes used up three dozen matches in the process. This time far better, I only used ten matches. Once lit, the heater stays on 24/7 until it warms up enough to turn it off in early Spring.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 25939 Posted: 29th October 2019     Subject:
Christopher,

It's moved past fall in the forest.

Outside this morning the world is covered in snow.

This is early and is forecast for more later in the week.
It seems we may be in for a long winter.

Mike
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25941 Posted: 29th October 2019     Subject: Signs of fall
Mike,

It was the reason that I pushed on staining wood and painting. We drop from the 70 stoday to the high 50s tomorrow. I always know it will be cold by Halloween. So far the nights are in the 30s, but that will drop into the teens by January at the latest. Now as to the Winter while we average the 50s and 60s for highs, I recall one where we dropped to18 below. That was when the cacti froze and died. Early snow has been everywhere from the Rocky Mountains though parts of the mid West North East. So who knows what this Winter will be like.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic
Show YouTube films