Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Looking for a source of inspiration

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Seekers' Corner

Previous :: Next  
Kono Loki Post number 23731 Posted: 19th September 2017     Subject: Looking for a source of inspiration
I have been looking for a nice source of inspiration for my energy work/magick, but so far i have only found sources aimed at women and Goddess focused groups like Wicca.

(In my opinion it is hardly a balanced faith. It is all about the goddess, the high priestess is always in charge, the high priest is more of a servant to her and men are expected to take on a subservient role, there is no male trinity (maiden, witch, crone) and i ALWAYS see that all sources like fb pages and books dominated by goddess symbols and energy in general etc etc etc...

I am not saying its an absolute fact but it is true in my personal experience, despite claims to the contrary.
Its balanced in theory, but in practice???... )

So is there a source that focuses on the energy work instead of focusing so much on "feminine energy" which i don't have?

I really HATE yin and yang, especially because it's true.
Morgana Post number 23740 Posted: 20th September 2017     Subject:
Hi,

When I was looking for Wicca way back in the 1970's the majority of people interested were men.

The influx of women came in the 1990's when the Goddess movement -from America - became popular in Europe too.
There was also the swing towards 'the Goddess' with groups like Dianic Wicca and many other eclectic groups.
The rage is over now but the influence of "Wicca" in neo-pagan practice is undeniable. The standard 8-festivals, working in a circle, pantheistic etc

Today I think men feel more attracted to Heathenry, Vikings etc or Ceremonial Magic, which does not necessarily have a 'religious' component.

Also, the role of men in Wicca is changing again - indeed 'roles' are becoming more gender neutral. Today the emphasis is on one's personal contact with deity.

That was always my approach anyway... we all stand in the circle as witches... [Very happy]

Good luck with your search and mystical quest,
Morgana
Kono Loki Post number 23742 Posted: 20th September 2017     Subject:
Thanks, i hope you are right, since i hope nobody will ever be degraded like i was as a boy. (I still have nightmares)

Can you give me links on what you mean by Heathenry?

And what do you mean by "ceremonial magic"? [Smile]

To be honest i invented 90% of the things i do on my own so i seem a bit amateurish at times, which has lead to awkward moments.

Morgana Post number 23746 Posted: 22nd September 2017     Subject:
The BBC has a good series about different religions, including heathenry:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/re ... enry_1.shtml

And here is a good link to a definition of Ceremonial Magic:
https://www.thoughtco.com/ceremonial-magic-p3-95830

Happy Autumn Equinox,
Morgana,
Kono Loki Post number 23747 Posted: 22nd September 2017     Subject:
Ahhhh ok, the northern European traditions.

Is that ceremonial magic?

I do that all the time, just not with pentagrams, goddess and god symbols or anything repesenting nature. (Flira and fauna)

I just wonder why groups always struggle so much when they want to cast the circle, just do the 3 step plan.
1: Find a source of energy, such as the element of fire.
2: Channel it through yourself with the correct tool.
3: Shape it into a circle or a bubble around you.

Done. [Smile]

Happy ehhhhhh. *leaves mysteriously*

Kono Loki Post number 23757 Posted: 25th September 2017     Subject:
I am just curious:

What techniques do you all use to bend and control energy?, and what source do you draw it from?

Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Seekers' Corner
Hide YouTube films