Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Yin and Yang after all/ The Awkward truth

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Seekers' Corner Page   , , , 4,   

Previous :: Next  
Kono Loki Post number 24746 Posted: 22nd July 2018     Subject:
Mike,
So far everything in me just says: "Gain more Magickal power aka the ability to control larger amounts of spiritual/etherial energy and restart your conquest of the Astral Planes", especially when i meditate or dream.

I really HATE yin and yang, especially because it's true.
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 24747 Posted: 22nd July 2018     Subject:
Kono,

Do what you need to do to feel safer.

Just know that,
The only thing you "control" is yourself.

The forces or spirits in the universe can't be "controlled"
They may be summoned, then asked, persuaded, bent? to lending strength, power, a helping hand.
They can and will help.
It is all in the approach, technique and application.

Bright Blessings from the Forest.
MTB
Kono Loki Post number 24748 Posted: 22nd July 2018     Subject:
In my experience a lot of the forces and spirits in the universe can certainly be controlled, you just need to know how.

Yes it is all in the approach, technique and application, but with enough willpower, there is much that can be accomplished.
This quote Star Wars sums it up very well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIHF8Xe-O6Y

[Twisted evil]

But seriously, I have done so many times, so I KNOW it can be done.

Also, you make it sound as if we are their servants that need to bow in humble reverence to them.
In my experience that only goes you the "big ones", and not for all of them.
Or am I missing the point?

Greetings from the Oceans I guess.
(My main element seems to be water)

Mike The Blacksmith Post number 24749 Posted: 22nd July 2018     Subject:
I should refine my definition.

force=energy or the ability to influence things

Spirit= a conscious entity, it may also have, or use force.

In my forest I work with the spirits around me. I treat them with respect as I do the land. They know this.
I thank them for their help and we freely coexist. This has worked for us for over 30 years.
And simply put " if it's not broke don't fix it"

Hopefully each person (if they search and are aware) will find their way of relating to the universes forces and spirits.

Just in my view being truly thankful and humble gets more done where I am at.
(the old honey vs vinegar) and (your mileage may vary) stand true.
All I can say is what works for me.

And again
Bright Blessings from the Forest.

And all the elements are pretty balanced around here.
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 24751 Posted: 22nd July 2018     Subject: Making up you own goals will require taking action
Kono,

I grew up without religion and still am not all that religious. I was fascinated by the idea of magic and in the stories it was the magicians that inspired me more than the warrior, or ruler.

Mostly I observed what was going around me, and nature was always there even in the city. I did whatever I could do, not always what others might have wanted me to do. I was a lousy student, though I have no trouble learning anything that I wished to learn. I like wandering around with no particular destination.

I got caught up in evangelical Buddhism for five years, but it was very time consuming and rather reminded me of the military. Plus I had not even learned much about sex and that was more interesting. It fascinated me that I had no problem finding people to have sex with, their view of my thin body was obviously different from mine. Youth of course helped, but I never had a problem getting it when I wanted even in my forties. But then I was always the new person, they unknown and therefore still exotic. The main thing is a lot of my self confidence was learned in sexual encounters.

Ironic, my partner and I were not drawn together by sex so much, it was that he traveled and did not live in a town. So that gave me the second time to live traveling. I would not have done that on my own this time because I could not imagine how to make a living anywhere but in a town, though I did not like towns. So I lived a bit of a vagabond lifestyle outside in all sorts of weather and often not knowing where the next stop would be. When I was not mining then I was walking for several hours a day looking at whatever there was to see. When I was in towns and cities I watched the street theater, the inter actions of people just like it was a stage show.

So it was observing things around me that created most of my philosophy, mixed with what I read in Science fiction, fantasy, history.

While I am curious about ideas of gods, I feel no need to understand them, I have no opinion on what the think or want, or if they have gender or personalities. I think once they were just the forces of nature.

I have forgotten most of my life as no longer being important. I have no interest in past lives, if any, and no real interest in what happens after death. I still do whatever I can do and that creates the choices that I make. I had no knowledge of what happened after birth, or even that birth was a possibility, so I approach death the same way, I will find out when I get there and deal with it in any way that I can. My focus is basically on right now, and what I will need to do, or consider in the next few seconds, hours and days. So I may be the wrong person to answer the great question of life, or after.

The Heathens say "you are your deeds." What you actually do is what defines who and what you are. That makes a great deal of sense to me, though I am not a Heathen. I have no real ties to my ancestors, and am not even certain if I would like any of them. But the I have always lived within my own mind and never felt a lot of need for others. Nevertheless I formed a relationship for nearly 38 years. I have former letter friends that I am still in contact with twenty and thirty years so far. So I am hardly isolated though I prefer my personal solitude.

Christopher

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Kono Loki Post number 24754 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject:
Mike,
I am just saying you should not say it can not be done.
the spirits i wirk with are mostly not from the forest or even the earth, mostly, and they are the humble ones, not me.
After all, I have a spirit as well, and its much older than this body.

Though to be honest i have no idea what being balanced would feel like, or why i would even want to be.
Kono.

Kono Loki Post number 24755 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject: Re: Making up you own goals will require taking action
Christopher,
You seem to be happy doing that, so if it works for you go for it.
You had a very interesting life as well, reminds of of some parts of druidry for some reason.
Kono.

ChristopherBlackwell Post number 24758 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject: Some irony in that
Kono,

When I chose my magical name, it was a Welsh Druid name. For to me, it meant wisdom. Ironically I almost chose a name that meant chaos. Now that would have well described my position at the time. But I decided chaos was not going to work well with me stress-wise, though I was not yet aware of being bi-polar.

It has been an interesting life, but only because after drifting for years, I chose to make unusual choices, instead of the expected. Mike seems to do that as well, though it is part of how he was raised. But interesting lives are based on the choices that you dare to make. Often, dull lives are a result is being afraid of making a more interesting choice. The irony of that, in risky times like now, is that the alleged riskier choice may actually not be any more risky then the alleged safe choice, or just not making any choice at all, and just drifting instead.

Find your own choice, but make a choice, don't drift. [Grin]

Christopher

Kono Loki Post number 24759 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject: Re: Some irony in that
Christopher,
I have, ironic though, i got Kono Loki of a website, my real magical name is a secret since it has the nasty habit of giving people the creeps, either that or people think i am crazy.
I rarely ever talk about my magical path, and it is no way related to either my religion or my dayjob, and that is a good thing since it helos me to avoid the same awkward questions over and over again a few years ago.

"What Coven are you in?"
"What do you do for Astara?" (probably spelled it wrong)
"Did you worship the Goddess today?"

And than i have to explain i am not Wiccan...
Again...

ChristopherBlackwell Post number 24760 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject: Good
Kono,

Well that much you have done. Same goes for all else in your life, for life is of making choices.

Meanwhile like a good little desert animal, I stay inside my nice adobe burrow. It is going to be 104℉/40℃ today.

Christopher

Mike The Blacksmith Post number 24761 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject:
Kono,

Your path is your path, Whatever spirits you find to help you is the way things will work for you.
If your search is beyond earth and it works for you then that is all that matters.

Unusual choices, just being on PFI forum is one of those. The path I followed over 45 years ago is still the one I am on today. I was bugged to go to engineering school... to go work in the corporate world but I could not do that and stay true to myself. I moved to the woods and made art and built things always trying to live in harmony with nature. No big money no selling my soul. I have no regrets. I will echo what Christopher said, things are changing and not for the better... and that safe life can be turned upside down. Live a life of choice, live the life you want to live, and stick to it.

Mike
Kono Loki Post number 24762 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject: Re: Good
Christopher,
Same here, the draught is killing my mana supply.
Kono.

Kono Loki Post number 24763 Posted: 23rd July 2018     Subject:
Mike,
Sure, when i figure out what i REALLY want i will.

I am still processing this whole yin and yang thing.
I mean i denied having feminine energy for DECADES only to have the truth thrown in my face, and it is kinda overwhelming.

I mean does this mean that the divine is feminine?
Or both?
Or neither?

For now its all going on autopilot, just trying to get more power and more ways to resupply and enlarge my spiritual energy supply.

I mean i am only here because no other group believes in magick, and i feel this strange need to talk about it.

So i do that here, where its all anonymous and i don't get awkward questions about my religious beliefs or assumptions that i am some sort of neopagan mother earth worshipper.
Kono.

Mike The Blacksmith Post number 24766 Posted: 24th July 2018     Subject:
Kono,

To me divine is both, nature has both.
Power has both. You don't have electrical flow without positive and negative.
Male and female, up and down, in and out.
You can't have one without the other.

There are other groups that believe in magic, just a little more behind the curtain.

And as to" neopagan mother earth worshipper" I tend to use the phrase "born again pagan" .
After 1000years it's time to go back to the religion of my ancestors.
I know who I am and where I came from, and living where it's quiet it is easier to hear the whispers of nature.

Bright Blessings from the forest,
Mike the Blacksmith
Kono Loki Post number 24767 Posted: 24th July 2018     Subject:
Mike,
I know, yin and yang, that sort of thing, though i still don't want to get into the whole goddess thing, even if it where true.

I just ignore those spirits who tell me to change my path.
I plan to kick them out.

Well i am adopted so i have no idea where i came from, what my ancestors believed before Charlamagne rolled in, or even who they where, so that won't work with me.

Who where your ancestors??

Greetings from Malfoy Manor. Haha.

Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Seekers' Corner
Show YouTube films
Page   , , , 4,