Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Pagan revival: Why it is a nightmare for Christianity

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25244 Posted: 23rd December 2018     Subject: Pagan revival: Why it is a nightmare for Christianity

There is an irresistible surge of paganism worldwide, which has found expression in movies like Avatar, Thor and the Harry Potter series. The success of such movies worldwide suggests a deep desire among people there for a more spiritually satisfying life with the added bonus of a richer pantheism.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha
Commentary | 22-12-2018
------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------
You get the picture: the reason Francis has been so aggressively vocal about paganism is that Christians are alarmed at its comeback. The church has been fighting paganism – or more correctly, committing genocide of pagans – since the time of Christ, but what is new is its “aggressive resurgence” and its “seduction of so many Christians”. (6)

After centuries of decline and decimation, natural religions are making a comeback in a major way worldwide. After nearly two millennia of blind adherence to so-called monotheism, which divided the world into “believers” and “heathens”, increasing numbers of people across the world, especially in the West, are returning to their roots – the ancient pagan religions based primarily on piety towards divinity and traditional authorities.

To be sure, the presence of more than a billion Hindus who have preserved their ancient dharma – despite 1,400 years of foreign invasions, alien rule and barbaric treatment – is living proof of the resilience of natural religions. While it was the bravery and indefatigable spirit of Hindu warriors that saved India from going down like Persia, Greece, Rome, Egypt and Mesopotamia, in other parts of the world paganism survived only as fragments or as a memory. And yet paganism is rising phoenix-like from the ashes of inquisition, forcible conversion and genocide.

http://indiafacts.org/p ... 4Pco5jYjZCPM

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Kono Loki Post number 25245 Posted: 23rd December 2018     Subject: Re: Pagan revival: Why it is a nightmare for Christianity
Is that not a bit antagonistic generalizing and disrespectful?, I mean you can not blame ALL Catholics on earth for the inquisitions, forcible conversions and genocides now can you?

I do not blame all Wiccans for what happened to me now do i?

And its not as large of a movement as you say, and most are women.
(Most off the men do not seem interested)

So its not really a nightmare for Christianity, least of all the RCC.

I really HATE yin and yang, especially because it's true.
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25246 Posted: 24th December 2018     Subject: Just posted the article as writen
Kono,

However how hard are most doing to reform their churches and end the problems.
Obviously the heads of the Churches cannot be bother so the followers have to force the issue

Just as our abuses in Wicca, far more than just the victims know about it yet you see no general uprising against those leaders who have abused their followers. In fact often when a victim complains, it is the victim that will be attacked, banned, and shamed, not the great leader. This is the danger of letting our religions become the Great honored leaders that must never be disagreed with, or questioned and the faithful followers. We are seeing all the evils that many of us left Christianity for, develop and continue in our Pagan religions, so we seem to have learned nothing at all in changing. Now our people want to be mainlined and accepted by the mainstream religions, become organized and nearly interchangeable with the religions that we fled.

Kono Loki Post number 25247 Posted: 24th December 2018     Subject:
Christopher,

You said: -This is the danger of letting our religions become the Great honored leaders that must never be disagreed with, or questioned and the faithful followers-

Agreed, that would be a great danger indeed.

You said: -We are seeing all the evils that many of us left Christianity for, develop and continue in our Pagan religions-

Its not as many as you suggest, just small groups really, not a global run for Paganism.

And like i said before, its mainly women.

And where i live it is mostly those women who seek to turn to scales from a patriarchy to a matriarchy.
And no thank you to that.

Plus the witches in my native land are either only skilled in the basics, or they are withholding information.
My gold is on option 1.

ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25250 Posted: 24th December 2018     Subject: Kono
Kono,

I doubt that most Wiccans know much about anything, and the men from the beginning here were pretty good at abusing girls, women, and boys and men. I don't think most women want to change from Patriarchy to Matriarchy, not t mention it would take generations to pull it off. So far I don't see most women having near the power of most men in our society.

My own high priestess said this of all those interested in Wicca, only ten percent will ever seek to learn anything about it. Of those that learn anything about it, only ten percent will ever practice it, of those that ever practice it, only ten percent will have any talent at it, and of those with talent and study, only ten percent will ever become much of anything. I really cannot see Wicca ever becoming a mass religion. Note that the vast majority of Wiccans are solitary.

Frankly I suspect that was true of the old Witches, as sometimes it would take three villages to be able to support a single Witch, witchcraft was about making a living, none of this do it for free that we see today, though often it was paid for with produce as money was uncommon to most poor people. I rather doubt even the old witches were good at all of it. Some were good at healing people, or animals. Some were good at herbs, and medicines, also poisons. Some were good a cursing, some at making things to protect people, others at finding lost, or stolen things. So I suspect each had their own talent.

Now once a Witch got to be almost middle age there would be a need to take on a student who would pay for training by taking on the drudge work, cooking, house cleaning, raising the garden, gathering herbs, and gradually would be taught what that Witch did. ThetheoldWitch might survive old age for awhile.

The New Witch then would continue, keeping some of what he or she learned, experimenting and finding new ways that worked for he or she, and then occasioning meeting another witch, and talking shop, each might learn something new to do.

But I can only see groups of Witches forming in the larger towns and cities, as only larger towns and cities would be able to support more than one at a time. But I would be suprised if any Witch made a good living anywhere but the cities, even if there. By the way the Witch would not be a priest or priestess.

This is just the feeling that I get from my own readings. I doubt we will ever know what exactly they did, because few could write, or would want to be caught with any such writing. Same goes for whatever tools they had, I would doubt that they could afford any strictly ceremonial tools, so would make use of what they had on hand.

Modern Wicca is already changing so that we have few of any given tradition and I assume in time, all will be some sort mixed tradition.

In my own tradition it was once taught that you could not be a Witch alone, that you had to have a balance of masculine and feminine. Ironically the early traditions were created by men. There was also a belief that Gays and Lesbians could not be Wiccans because of lack of proper balance. So a lot has already changed or I could not exist as I have. Few covens are equally balanced in men and women, in fact there are covens that are all men and all women. We also have people that may change gender back and forth.

Just a few things that I have noted over the years.

Ursus Post number 25268 Posted: 27th December 2018     Subject: Weird Article - Pagan revival
That's a really weird article. It seems like it's purpose is more to rile people up than to actually report on something objectively. Some of the stuff he writes also seems a bit dubious or at least taken out of context. Like the part about the Pope's comments. It seems more like the Pope is talking about Christians loosing their supposed Christian values (or rather, Catholics who are not strictly following Catholic doctrine) than about a crusade against pagans. Honestly, you'd have to be a fool to think that Christianity is going to lose a major amount of it's followers any time soon. The bigger threat to the Christian denominations is that they are losing followers to other denominations and to atheism.

And the part about movies? WTF? People watch movies because they are entertaining. Sure, there's probably a part of it that appeals to them because of historical cultural compatibility but basically it's just a good story that people like. If movies were a reflection of what people believed, then people would already be beatifying the great prophets Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods more accurately describes the new religion of the West.

The comments about the USA being a polytheistic nation seems to refer more to the multiple religions there than to the majority of individual people following polytheistic religions.

I don't agree that "The church has been fighting paganism – or more correctly, committing genocide of pagans – since the time of Christ." but it probably started very soon AFTER Christ.

The author has also plagiarised at least a few sections of the text. Doing a Google search for segments of text show from where it comes.
For example.
https://www.tomorrowswo ... agan-revival
https://www.tomorrowswo ... novdec06.pdf
The section about witches and neopagans having infiltrated the church as senior clergy members.

And here,
https://www.firstthings ... e-v-paganism
The rant about the Pope and the part about "The church has been fighting paganism – or more correctly, committing genocide of pagans – since the time of Christ."
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 25270 Posted: 27th December 2018     Subject: Thanks for doing more research
Ursus,

Thanks for doing more research to fill out the story. I post a lot, but rarely have much time to recheck up on stuff, so I have to rely on people more deeply interested on the subject.

Kono Loki Post number 25271 Posted: 27th December 2018     Subject: Re: Weird Article - Pagan revival
Ursus,

Well, you can not blame the whole church for something ppl like Charlamagne or Heinrich Kramer did now can you?

And not everybody in the RCC is a bloodthirsty, genocidal maniac...

I do not know why you are angry at the RCC, but this type of venting is NOT the way.

I should know!

Ursus Post number 25298 Posted: 3rd January 2019     Subject: Re: Weird Article - Pagan revival
My criticism was against the article, and its author.

quote="Kono Loki"
Ursus,

Well, you can not blame the whole church for something ppl like Charlamagne or Heinrich Kramer did now can you?

And not everybody in the RCC is a bloodthirsty, genocidal maniac...

I do not know why you are angry at the RCC, but this type of venting is NOT the way.

I should know!
/quote
Kono Loki Post number 25299 Posted: 4th January 2019     Subject: Re: Weird Article - Pagan revival
Ursus,
Ahhh, my bad. [Very happy]

Jeanjean Post number 26013 Posted: 2nd December 2019     Subject: Re: Pagan revival: Why it is a nightmare for Christianity
ChristopherBlackwell wrote:

There is an irresistible surge of paganism worldwide, which has found expression in movies like Avatar, Thor and the Harry Potter series. The success of such movies worldwide suggests a deep desire among people there for a more spiritually satisfying life with the added bonus of a richer pantheism.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha
Commentary | 22-12-2018
------------------------------------snip-----------------------------------
You get the picture: the reason Francis has been so aggressively vocal about paganism is that Christians are alarmed at its comeback. The church has been fighting paganism – or more correctly, committing genocide of pagans – since the time of Christ, but what is new is its “aggressive resurgence” and its “seduction of so many Christians”. (6)

After centuries of decline and decimation, natural religions are making a comeback in a major way worldwide. After nearly two millennia of blind adherence to so-called monotheism, which divided the world into “believers” and “heathens”, increasing numbers of people across the world, especially in the West, are returning to their roots – the ancient pagan religions based primarily on piety towards divinity and traditional authorities.

To be sure, the presence of more than a billion Hindus who have preserved their ancient dharma – despite 1,400 years of foreign invasions, alien rule and barbaric treatment – is living proof of the resilience of natural religions. While it was the bravery and indefatigable spirit of Hindu warriors that saved India from going down like Persia, Greece, Rome, Egypt and Mesopotamia, in other parts of the world paganism survived only as fragments or as a memory. And yet paganism is rising phoenix-like from the ashes of inquisition, forcible conversion and genocide.

Rachat de crédit avec trésorerie http://indiafacts.org/p ... 4Pco5jYjZCPM
Hello. This is important and interesting information I think.
Thank you for entrusting them to us. I followed your discussion.
Nadsatyi Post number 26575 Posted: 7th October 2020     Subject:
The world is constantly changing, whether we want it or not. This process cannot be stopped. It's like the passage of time. And in this changing world, no one can be sure of stability. Although Christians believe in their canons, the world has not stopped changing. The Church has always stopped progress and science. But it seems that the Church is now beginning to lose its position and power. And this is the time when people start looking for an alternative. Many begin to look for an alternative in the roots of their ancestors. Therefore, the number of people returning to paganism is growing. This is a normal process that cannot be stopped. This is my opinion [Rolling eyes]
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => People & Society
Show YouTube films