Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Wars and Pandemics

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic

Previous :: Next  
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 26208 Posted: 20th March 2020     Subject: Wars and Pandemics
Pandemics have much in common with war, because you have only what you can do to protect yourself and, and you might get harmed or killed. Back in the Viet Nam War when I was drafted, I quickly realized that I was no warrior, tall, skinning, non aggressive, nonviolent, and I could not throw a punch if my life depended on it. not exactly a poster boy for the US Marine Corps. So I came to the conclusion it was rather likely that I would die over there. Once I accepted that possibility, I no longer worried about it, I just took each day one at a time.

Now as an old man, with health issues, diabetes, I face the same situation. I am a prime target for this pandemic. So I accept the fact that I might die and no longer worry about it. I will take life a day at a time, and take what precautions that I can.

Christopher Blackwell

Wisdom is what is left after you have done all the dumb stuff
Myrtleankind Post number 26215 Posted: 26th March 2020     Subject: Re: Wars and Pandemics
ChristopherBlackwell wrote:
 Pandemics have much in common with war, because you have only what you can do to protect yourself and, and you might get harmed or killed. Back in the Viet Nam War when I was drafted, I quickly realized that I was no warrior, tall, skinning, non aggressive, nonviolent, and I could use essay writing service lie this one wow statement essay not throw a punch if my life depended on it. not exactly a poster boy for the US Marine Corps. So I came to the conclusion it was rather likely that I would die over there. Once I accepted that possibility, I no longer worried about it, I just took each day one at a time.

Now as an old man, with health issues, diabetes, I face the same situation. I am a prime target for this pandemic. So I accept the fact that I might die and no longer worry about it. I will take life a day at a time, and take what precautions that I can.

Christopher Blackwell

Good thoughts. You should enjoy your everyday life like a biggest present now. And no regrets of course.
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 26217 Posted: 26th March 2020     Subject: Basically it is a way to live life with its uncertainties
Myrtleankind,

Basically it is a way to live life with all of its uncertainties without being frozen in panic. There is always th unknown threatening to upset our routines while leaving us the energy to deal with things as they happen.
Christopher

Serene Banks Post number 26271 Posted: 30th April 2020     Subject: Re: Wars and Pandemics
ChristopherBlackwell wrote:
 Pandemics have much in common with war, because you have only what you can do to protect yourself and, and you might get harmed or killed. Back in the Viet Nam War when I was drafted, I quickly realized that I was no warrior, tall, skinning, non aggressive, nonviolent, and I could not throw a punch if my life depended on it. not exactly a poster boy for the US Marine Corps. So I came to the conclusion it was rather likely that I would die over there. Once I accepted that possibility, I no longer worried about it, I just took each day one at a time.

Christopher Blackwell

Very intresting kind of view. Thank you for sharing with us.
Ashley Stewart Post number 26306 Posted: 12th May 2020     Subject:
I really hope everything will be ok after finishing all this virus situation... Maybe it's a good time to regulate all your thoughts, to take more care of your health... I'm used to this way of life, but I hope this ends soon!
ChristopherBlackwell Post number 26309 Posted: 13th May 2020     Subject: One advantage of my age is I have had more experience
Ashley.

I have had a chance to have a few scary experiences and in surviving them, I have few things are left that scare me all that much
Nor is the survival due to any special feature about me. As a young man is was the Viet Nam War. In late middle age it was over a year playing touch and go with Pancreatitis, two of the three hospitals gave up on me. Even so it was three more years before I dared to make an appointment for the next week, as I was just that uncertain about making it to the next week. Early in 2000, it was going unconscious while driving a 65 MPH, I hit a much heavier car and flipped a few times, so the new article said, as I don't remember much. In my early 60s it was a year of five eye operations on my right eyes, three of them emergency operations the next morning just to save partial sight. The same year I started to have to use a walker to prevent falls. Years later on my left eye it was nine months before I knew if I would ever read a books again. Now it is facing losing more eye sight. In none of these things was it anything about me that let me surive any of them. Luck played big part in all of those situations. So the same as to this new virus. I will take care as best that I can, but luck will still play a major part in my survival. As for whatever world and economic situation we have after, that too will be a matter of luck. There is really very little in life that we have any actual control over, and so it has always been through out human history. So far humans have survived.

SteuberCyrus Post number 27686 Posted: 28th November 2022     Subject:
I think that wars and pandemics are not a good thing. If a disease is spreading around the world, then it should be stopped by people who are willing to help. I do not like it when someone dies because of a war or a pandemic. I also do not like it when someone gets hurt because of a war or a pandemic. Try this blueberry backwoods it will help you a lot. I think that we should work together to stop these diseases from spreading around the world.
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Off topic
Hide YouTube films