Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

German PFI Conference cancelled

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Events

Previous :: Next  
Caesaja Post number 6709 Posted: 24th August 2009     Subject: German PFI Conference cancelled
Dear PFI conference participants - teachers, - Exhibitors - Sponsors and - those who were interested in...

Unfortunately, I come with bad news today regarding the upcoming conference...

Up to this day - 5 weeks before the conference - unfortunately, I received only 27 applications. This situation compels me now to cancel the conference for this year, cause not even one third of the costs for room rental and a small allowance for the lecturers can be afforded by that amount.
The cancellation fees are already at 60% of the room rental and in 2 days at 100%. I am now obliged to act fair against all involved to cancel the event to minimize further losses on all sides.
The lecturers certainly have been ivested planty of time and efforts in preparing their workshops and readings and did not deserve to keep them in front of a handful of audience. Even the dealers who will invest an entire day of preparation, purchasing, transportation, costs and efforts including a long way won't be happy about and accept earnings of zero or worse...
The PFI conference in Germany was visited in the last few years, by about 60 - 100 people and was also this year calculated on a minimum of 50 people. I had hoped that the cost reduction through a more attractive one-day-only event makes it for the most people effordable and interesting. Unfortunately, the 27 received applications, were only half of the expectations of such an event.

So I hope with this regrettable step, least of all to prevent an even greater disappointment by feeling futile and I hope for better luck next year...

All pre-registered participants who have already paid the entrance fee, are asked to send me her bank details so that I can quickly repay the monies paid!

sad greetings
Caesaja [Crying]

BB&BB Caesaja
Morgana Post number 6725 Posted: 26th August 2009     Subject:
dear Caesaja,

I am really sorry to hear that you have had to cancel the PFI German conference. We all seem to be suffering from lack of funds, or the ability to book in advance.

You have also had a problem that on September 13th we have the Day for Doreen, in London.
And the PFI Belgium Mabon conference on19th September.
So quite a lot of competition [Sad]

I was looking forward to coming over and seeing you all again.

I'll email you privately - just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you

B*B
Morgana
Waldfrau Post number 6795 Posted: 1st September 2009     Subject:
Morgana wrote:
 You have also had a problem that on September 13th we have the Day for Doreen, in London.
And the PFI Belgium Mabon conference on19th September.
So quite a lot of competition [Sad]
Plus two forum meetings in September/beginning of October in the same area.

But I hope there'll be another PFI conference in Germany next year.
Anita Post number 6803 Posted: 2nd September 2009     Subject:
Sorry for looking like weisenheimer, but this brings me back to my question if there is something like a pagan calendar which shows all activities and holidays. I think this would not have happened if the German event would have been organized on a more suitable date, means knowing what other events are taking place around. Or?
love&light
)O(

"As a woman I have no country. As a woman my country is the whole world."
~ Virginia Woolf
Morgana Post number 6804 Posted: 2nd September 2009     Subject:
Yes we have the calendar on the this forum exactly for that purpose [Smile]

In the Netherlands the Silver Circle forum has a similar option.

To make this work though people need to enter event dates as soon as they are known.
And recurring events like the pubmoots can be entered too.

PFI Spain, Czech Rep. and the Netherlands are pretty good at making event notifications.
And then promotion, promotion, promotion...

Marketing is everything [Very happy]
Anita Post number 6805 Posted: 2nd September 2009     Subject:
Morgana wrote:
 Yes we have the calendar on the this forum exactly for that purpose [Smile]
Marketing is everything [Very happy]

Oh can you please tell me where I can find i? I asked for a calendar and only got the Silver Circle link from Merlin. If there is something in the forum, that would be great! [Smile]

I hoped to work a bit more here in Croatia with the pagans, witches, wiccans, and what all exists here. It is a pretty small community most of them call themselves wiccans - but I guess only because it sounds practical in all languages, in my Facebook ID I also am wicca [Smile]

However, I would like to organize a yule celebration as first opportunity to gather all like minded wiccans/pagans/... and still look for a bit of help and advice
[Sunshine]

Yes, marketing, sounding so materialistic, unfortunately is everything and must be regarded... [Rolling eyes]

B*B

~ Virginia Woolf
Morgana Post number 6806 Posted: 2nd September 2009     Subject:
Quote:
 Oh can you please tell me where I can find i? I asked for a calendar and only got the Silver Circle link from Merlin. If there is something in the forum, that would be great! [Smile]

Yes it's under "overviews" click calendar

For your call for Yule ideas - I am opening a topic under celebrations, see there...
Anita Post number 6833 Posted: 5th September 2009     Subject:
Morgana wrote:
 Yes it's under "overviews" click calendar

For your call for Yule ideas - I am opening a topic under celebrations, see there...

Thank you Morgana! It took me a while to get back into the forum, sorry for not being faster.

I found the calendar, thank you!
So far, nobody has replied to celebrations, pity. But there were only 10 views when I checked now.

B*B

~ Virginia Woolf
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Events
Show YouTube films