Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Lrp / lrbp

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Rituals and celebrations

Previous :: Next  
Banna Post number 26704 Posted: 15th December 2020     Subject: Lrp / lrbp
Hi,

I recently started practising and discovering this ritual. I enjoy discovering step by step by doing and experiencing and asking myself, what does this mean for me, like the sphere of light, or the divine, what does that mean for me. And I have a lot of questions, like directly after, at 'malkuth', why touch the chest? I would like this to be a place where we can discuss and ask questions about its different steps, different variations, and personal experiences. I hope I''m not the only one doing this ritual [Very happy] I'm nervous about that, that i really don't have a clue if anyone on here practises it. And then here I come along dropping this whole thing. If you don't want to talk about the details, I'd also appreciate it if you want to let me know you practise it.

So, some of my questions:
The chest touching (the yellow sphere). Instead of just going to the feet/below the feet. Why is that/does it give you something/what does it mean to you/thoughts on that?
Pentagrams: Why do we make pentagrams? Why in this point of time in those places? What's the meaning of them in this time and places in this ritual?
And, pentagrams: I make a T shape with my feet, the left in front, and I am turned towards the direction my left foot is pointing more than to the middle. Then I like to draw the pentagrams as big as my arm stretches, and then, I find the middle of the pentagram is a bit to my right. Because I'm using my right arm. How do you do this? I'd like them to be directly in front of me.
Back in the q.c.: the horizontal beam of light, from shoulder to shoulder, does the light travel from right to left? Like in the vertical beam it travels down (for me). But I am wondering if the shoulder beam hás a direction. And why.

(: ciao
Morgana Post number 26705 Posted: 16th December 2020     Subject:
Hi Banna,

First piece of advice... when referring to a particular ritual use the full name.
In this case LRBP - is short for
Lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram

For a brief review of this ritual, which is used mainly by ceremonial magicians, see:
https://en.wikipedia.or ... he_pentagram

The most helpful book describing this and other rituals i:
Regardie, Israel, et al., eds., The Golden Dawn: A Complete Course in Practical Ceremonial Magic (Llewellyn, 1989) ISBN 0-87542-663-8

I would recommend more of Israel Regardie's books if you want to deepen your insights.
Also Lon Milo duQuette's books are very helpful.

Bright Blessings,
Morgana
Mike The Blacksmith Post number 26708 Posted: 16th December 2020     Subject:
Hi Banna,

There is a YouTube channel called Foolish Fish.
He has videos explaining certain magical rituals and reviewing books.
You may find some of the videos helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/c/foolishfishbooks/videos

Bright Blessings from the Forest,
Mike the Blacksmith
Banna Post number 26711 Posted: 18th December 2020     Subject:
Thank you Morgana,

I read your answer yesterday, or the day before, and I had a sense of being called out on pretence, and some toughness, (from the kind of form of my message) and I had some time to let that simmer, and I read your message again now and it must've been mostly me wanting to confront myself, swimming around under the surface of my mind, with a fin protruding from the water. And I found: pretence, insecurity, and toughness, that I'd like to shine a light on, and...
I want to talk about this, but actually maybe this doesn't feel like the right place for me to do it right now, but I didn't... I can think of other options but they aren't readily availible they'll take some bravery. (:. and, also,
these maybe aren't really my real questions! but I am not sure what the real questions are, so I... tried something. And it brought me something. 🙏🏼

Is one side, and any conversation and infosharing that comes out of this message is interesting to me and appreciated (: is also true

I've watched some foolish fish, I enjoye it!
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Rituals and celebrations
Show YouTube films