Pagan Federation International Pagan Federation International Forum Index Wiccan Rede Magazine

Energy Draining People Question

New topic   Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Community Circle

Previous :: Next  
Jane Post number 24264 Posted: 27th February 2018     Subject: Energy Draining People Question
Hello everyone, I just have a question I hope somebody has experiences with.
At the moment I am living at my parent's house, and I feel like both my parents are energy drainers.
They both have good intentions and are not aware of the effect they can have.
My father has been in a depression for almost eight years. When he feels exhausted, he likes to have company around him.
After this, he feels better, but I feel more depressed.
During the week he is mostly not feeling that well, and even being in his company during those times, or even when he has actually got a good day, I start feeling sad.
Also he likes to put guilt on people as a joke, like: 'You're gonna regret this', which does effect me even if that's not his intention.
My mum is draining in the opposite way. When she is happy about something, she is overwhelming.
Really, she keeps talking and I feel like I'm getting short of breath. Also in other things, she is quite overwhelming.

I am aware of that this is probably for a great deal my fault too, in the way I deal with it. But I don't really know how to stop it.
I will probably be living at my parent's place for another two years, and totally avoiding it doesn't seem like the right solution.
Normally, I am just full of energy and happy, but when I'm around my parents this changes.

Right now I am working with visualization and meditation. I know a bit of shielding too.
For about a year I am actually working with Witchcraft (the part of it wherein you absolutely do not wish to or send out harm on anyone).
Does somebody know what I could do about this? Or where I could find something that could help me further?
Thanks in advance.
Morgana Post number 24265 Posted: 27th February 2018     Subject:
Hi Jane

I have moved your post to our "Community Circle" - perhaps there are more people here who can advise you?

Can you also introduce yourself?

Thanks,
Morgana
Jane Post number 24274 Posted: 3rd March 2018     Subject:
Hello everyone,

I am Jane. I'm living in The Netherlands and am 20 years of age.
I got involved into witchcraft since about a year. Before that, I have always been drawn to spirituality.
Been doing some buddhism for some years too.
I don't really know other relevant things to say [Wink]
Morgana Post number 24281 Posted: 5th March 2018     Subject:
Hi Jane,

Thanks for your introduction!

Please don't forget to check out the Dutch language section too [Very happy]

Groetjes,
Morgana
Show:   
New topic    Reply to topic Pagan Federation International Forum Index => Community Circle
Show YouTube films